Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Where did I put the car and other problems

Yesterday morning Kent had to get up early and help a classmate pass a physical fitness test. The night before he was packing up so he could take his bike (motorcycle bike...we live way to far for him to take a bicycle, but that's a post for another day). He got up early and left me to continue sleeping. As an aside, I always oversleep on days he leaves early because I hate to wake up.

I woke up and got ready work, fun stuff like that. I was running just a little late so I was sort of rushed as I left the house. I turned the corner and my heart literally dropped into my stomach.

The car was gone.

I looked away, took a breath and looked back. I thought maybe my eyes were fooling me, but they weren't. A number of bad words went through my head. The night before Kent had gotten some stuff out of the trunk so maybe he moved it to our parking spot around the corner. I called him to ask while trying to avoid a meltdown. I didn't want to be late or miss work but I was obviously going to have to, since our car had been stolen. He finally picked up and I asked if he moved the car. I'm sure you can all guess the punchline.

"I ended up taking the car. I told you that this morning when I left. I had too much stuff for the motorcycle." And indeed he had.

On a somewhat unrelated but also problematic note, if you are in the sun for seven hours you should apply sunscreen more than once. If you don't, you will likely sunburn so bad that you blister, as I've had the misfortune of experiencing. I like to impart little life-lessons in my posts.

No comments: