Thursday, May 29, 2008

Picture and zip lines

Yesterday I promised that I'd post about my friend HK's trip and pictures. It's late, but I'm still on time! My friend (well, mine and Kent's friend...but she was my friend first) came to visit us the first weekend in May. We were really lucky because the weekend before HK came out my parents also came to visit. So lots of company in not much time! It was so fun to be able to show people around.

Anyway, the first full day that HK was in town we took her down to the Riverwalk. The Riverwalk has lots of places to eat and grab a beer if you're so inclined. We stopped at our favorite place, Waxy Murphy's, for a round of darts.


HK was better than me at darts but not as good as Kent. It's ok though, I got my revenge.


How did I get my revenge? Well I got a bullseye first! Too bad it was my one and only successful shot. Kent ended up winning anyway.

The next morning we dragged ourselves out of bed to go zipline at the Cypress Valley Canopy Tour. I am not too proud to admit that I was a little scared and almost chickened out at the first zip. I made HK and Kent go first and it was only the long line of people behind me that I was compelled to keep going. Looking back I can say it was really fun. Especially since I didn't fall to my death. Nor, it's important to add, did anyone else.


See, photo proof that we all survived. Please ignore that I'm wearing capris and tennis shoes. I know it looks ridiculous.

After our trip through the trees we took a detour up to Austin. I won't lie, the reason we went was mainly to eat at the Spicy Pickle, also known as the best sandwiches west of the Mississippi. According to HK and Kent were we also lucky because an arts festival was going on too. I don't know about that, crowds freak me out, but they had fun and we ate funnel cake so I guess it wasn't that bad.

After our long day of driving and zip lines we drove back to our apartment and napped. After we all woke up we played the American Idol game for Wii. It was definitely really fun although I kept trying to steal the mic from HK and take over her songs. Sorry HK, I hope you aren't mad!!

Here's one last picture of me and HK. Also, please leave a comment and tell me what you think about adding an online photo album. If I get a lot of positive feedback I'll add it.

1 comment:

Rural Dee said...

I would like to see a photo album!