Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Uh...really?

Oh so much to blog about...it might not fit all in one post.

First, here's a random fact for you. I was listening to NPR this morning and apparently there are three main things that are workplace problems.
1. Swearing in the office. While I agree that swearing is inappropriate at work there are occasions where a person might let a bad word slip. For example, when someone stubs her toe so hard on her desk she breaks it.
2. Gossip.
3. Drinking on the job. I'd sure love to meet these people. I think I could get them to buy me lunch at least a few times a week, depending on how soused they are.

Since I can't fill a whole post with things I learned on NPR I'll share another tidbit with you all. Yesterday Kent and I went on a trek to get a Wii Fit. Alas, they are almost impossible to find. That and MarioKart. Anyway. Not my point. We were talking to the very helpful Best Buy salesman about videogames. I'm sure most of you have heard of a little game called "Grand Theft Auto". The newest one, version four, was just released. We'd heard it was really fun but they don't make it for Wii. (And we aren't buying another gaming system.)

We asked him if GTA4 would ever be released for Wii and he told us it was unlikely. Apparently many people found the first (and only) version released to be somewhat disturbing. You use the Wii controllers like objects and not like traditional remotes...I guess that violent videogames became less fun when you actually had to make the moves like you were stabbing or choking someone, rather than pressing up up down right left.

Anyway, share that one with your friends. I'm sure they'll find it interesting like I did.

No comments: