Sunday, August 21, 2011

Where to begin

I really, really want to be a reliable blogger.  Good, now that my regular apology for infrequent posting is out of the way...

So much has been happening in our household.  We added to our little family.  Bunny, as she shall be known in these pages, was born on April 15 at 6:02 PM.  She weighed 6 lbs, 13 oz and totally perfect.  Labor was easy and uncomplicated.  Twenty-eight hours in total, two of them hard, two pushes and no epidural.  By the way I love sharing my story and am happy to do so.  I promise that I won't scare you or otherwise make you feel like you need a dose of Xanax.  I also won't share the story on here unless I get an overwhelming readership request.  Not everyone wants to read a birth story.

I realize that this isn't my most insightful observation but two things: first, WOW every kid is different.  Yay for something every parent says.  But it's true, which leads me to my next observation which is also a cliche: God lets you forget.  You forget the frustration and sleep deprivation and the constant worry about whether or not you're doing things right.  Some things stay the same, namely, will you ever lose the baby weight so your ass can fit into your really cute jeans again.

Expanding on the subject of jeans and asses, losing the baby weight seems more difficult this time around although it's quite possible I just blocked it from when I had Bear (as he will henceforth be known).  I have some advice on that: buy a few things that make you feel great.  Trust me, my experience tells me that staying in elastic waistband pants and your husband's old t-shirts will mostly make you feel worse.  But for Heaven's sake, don't buy TOO much stuff.  You don't want to get too comfortable and feel too stylish or you won't ever get back to you pre-baby weight.  That's fine, of course, if that's what you want to do.  (Seriously, no judgement.  My hat's off to you.)

Wow, that was easier then I thought.  I felt bad about not posting and so I didn't which just made it worse.  Guilt over something you don't have to do.  Biggest waste of a feeling ever. 
 

No comments: