Friday, November 12, 2010

Snippets

I'm still having a hard time thinking about how to properly compose thoughts that are more than 160 words and grammatically correct. I guess that what I've learned from the evening news and Facebook is how to think in soundbites instead of real thoughts. Continue to bear with me as I relearn this skill.

There is so much that I have on my mind; funny anecdotes, things I've learned; things I need help with and techniques that have helped me as I transition to a stay-at-home-mom. For some reason though I'm having a hard time organizing my thoughts. I think (as I mentioned above) it stems from Facebook. When all else fails I hope the lesson you learn is: you can always blame Facebook.

It's been an interesting change to go from balancing a part-time job to being home full-time. Even though my days are long and busy they are also much, much less stressful. Almost everyday I make all three meals, mostly from scratch; clean whatever is on the schedule for the day; and play with or otherwise attend to Bear's needs. I have very little time to relax. Kent works hard so that I can stay home and in return I think it's my job to make his life at home as easy as possible. In my opinion, if someone is working almost 50 hours a week they shouldn't have to come home and unload the dishwasher. Before I quit work we split household tasks pretty evenly, even though Kent was at the job for more hours, in case you're curious.

I know that this post still isn't nearly as funny as my older posts and doesn't flow as well. I hope you will all continue to bear with me as I get back into the swing of writing. xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding!! You are still funny and I LOVE reading your stuff. Glad you are back.

PK said...

Hey Girl!

I'm glad you are back too! Always blame facebook...I think I will use that if I get a poor grade on a paper... ;-)