Saturday, November 20, 2010

Don't say that.

I have a friend from high school that has a little girl just a few months older than Bear.  Not long ago he posted that his little girl figured out how to take off her diaper.  I thought, "Oh man.  That sucks!  But luckily that will never happen to me!"  Why did I figure it would never happen to me?  Who knows.  Overconfidence, most likely.

Today I put Bear down for a nap.  He was quiet for about twenty minutes and then started making noise.  He wasn't upset or distressed so I decided to let him hang out in the hope he'd go back to sleep.  After about ten minutes he was still making noise so I went in to get him.  Now if you know me AT ALL you should have the punchline all figured out.  There was Bear in his crib, his diaper on the floor, poo all over his hands and on the carpet and happy as a little, poopy clam.  As it turns out, Bear figured out how to take off his diaper!  Oh rejoice!  Actually, I was mostly happy that for the first time in several days waking up didn't involve a temper tantrum.  In a situation like this I believe you have only one choice: you better laugh, and you better mean it.  Bear got a bath and a new outfit and I got a story for my blog so all the better. 

The moral of the story: your kid will learn to take off his or her diaper.  Oh, and never say your kid won't do something but they probably will.

No comments: