Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm coming home

I have an official return date from work! I'm flying home on November 17th and returning to San Antonio on December 2nd. I'm looking forward to seeing my family and friends but I'm most excited that my friend from Germany is coming to stay with me for those two weeks. I met Susy when she came over as an exchange student during the second semester of my senior year of high school. The first time she was here for two weeks and then she came back to stay for six months. She didn't stay with me, at least not at first. I was out one night with a friend and we ran into her, the girl she was staying with who shall be known as Spoiled Brat (SB) and SB's stupid friend who will we call Dumb Blonde (DB). SB and DB pretty much ignored her while they talked to my friend. Listening to the three of them talk was like listening to retarded children trying to count so Susy and I started chatting. We agreed to meet up the next day and, not to leave out the whole story, but the rest was history. SB got tired of having an exchange student within the first month and Susy was at my house all the time. She basically become another member of our family. In the spring she moved in with us for good. Well, not for good because she did eventually go home, but for the rest of her stay. That summer I went and stayed with her family in Germany and we've both been back and forth a couple times since. I think it's hilarious when people say they can't keep in touch with friends when they move away. I've managed to stay friends with someone who lives half a world away. It's pretty cool.

1 comment:

Rural Dee said...

Hey, Maggie! Cool blog! I love your template! I didn't know you ended up starting one after all, otherwise I would have been checking it long ago! You are a great writer. I also didn't know you moved to San Antonio! Moving to a new place is definitely a big adjustment, but don't worry, it will get easier. Is it a temporary or more permanent move? Anyway, I also think it's cool that I know who you're talking about when you mention Susy. I think I vaguely remember all that stuff about her moving in with you, but I don't remember who SB and DB were, which is probably a good thing. :) Hope you and Susy have a good reunion!