Friday, April 10, 2009

I guess I shouldn't feel so self-concious

See, two posts in two days. The new blog layout is already making a difference. On Wednesday I went to my midwife for my bi-weekly check up. She asked me standard questions about Braxton-Hicks contractions, how I'm sleeping and if I'm experiencing any swelling in my hands and feet.

Me: Yeah, I have a little swelling in my hands and feet. Nothing terrible but bad enough that it's a little uncomfortable to wear my rings. I take them off at work but put them on when I go anywhere so I don't look like a shameless hussy.

Jules: Oh don't feel bad, I think about 75% of our clients could be put into that category. Today I had an 18 year old that was on the phone with her boyfriend during her exam. I asked what he was doing and why he wasn't with her and she told me that he couldn't make it because he was in prison.

Me: ::Long pause:: So, did she mention why?

Jules: No. But I really wanted to ask.

And then I laughed. Because if it were me, I'm not so sure I'd be very forthcoming about that information. Luckily for me I'll never be in that situation because I'm completely confident that Kent's never going to prison. Also, I will wear my rings even if my finger turns purple and falls off (that would really solve the problem).

1 comment:

-hanna said...

you know what you could do... is get one of those fake rings from claire's... one of my co-workers did it bc hers didn't fit either... and no one could tell!!