Friday, April 10, 2009

Candyland

We have a bowl of candy at the reception desk at work. We fill it with very good candy, if I do say so myself. Butterfingers, Reese's, M & Ms and other stuff. I rarely eat it myself since I don't have much of a sweet tooth. If I do take some I just take it, I don't think that the person at the front desk wants any explanation at all. I know when I'm working the front desk the last thing I want is a story about why you're eating candy. I'm not your mom. Pick something out and go away.

However, not everyone shares my feelings. Most people are pretty good about picking out something and going on their merry way. But one of my coworkers (co-irker?) wants to give me a treatise (not entirely an accurate word since it's oral not written...but cut me a break ok?) about why she's taking a piece of candy, how she needs a piece of candy, how she is DYING because she is so tired and needs the sugar. Some days it's all I can do to bite my tongue and not say, "How about this? I don't remotely give a shit."

Can you tell who was just up at the front desk with me?

No comments: