Friday, May 22, 2009

I've gotta say...

First, my dad wanted me to let everyone know that he and my mom have been happily married for almost 30 years and that my previous post on Mel Gibson was not in any way related to my family. I think Mel Gibson is a tool, but not because anything similar happened to me!

Today was my last day at work before starting maternity leave. Officially I am off for twelve weeks. Unofficially, I don't know for sure what I'm going to do. I'm relieved to be finished with work; at this point I consider it a success if I have the energy to take a shower, let alone make myself presentable enough for an office.

Yesterday I was talking to some co-workers and one of them asked me if I was dying to know if the baby is a boy or girl. Of course I'm curious and I think about it, but really pondering the question made me realize I'm actually much more interested in something else. I'm really excited to see if the baby is bald or not. That's what I think about, if I'll have a little bald-headed baby. I sort of hope so, because I think bald babies are adorable.

Sorry this point is so disjointed but it's 10 PM which is well past my bedtime of immediately after work (I'm lots of fun these days). Kent is home on Monday so cross your fingers that I make it through the weekend without going into labor!

No comments: