Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I ♥ sweatpants

In an earlier post I made fun of people that wore sweatpants out in public.

I now long to join their ranks.

I spent 15 minutes this morning agonizing, trying on pair after pair of pants. Nothing fit without causing an unsightly bulge that makes it appear I've grown a bit too fond of the all-you-can eat buffet.

I currently have: one pair of jeans, one pair of work pants and one skirt (with an elastic waist) that still fit pretty well. Oh, and several pairs of pajama pants. I'm not ready yet to buy maternity pants but I also don't want to buy several pairs of normal pants that won't fit in a few months and (hopefully!) won't fit after the baby is born. See my dilemma?

Maybe I should buy really loose shirts so you can't tell that my pants are no longer buttoned. Maybe I should try to convince my boss that I should be allowed to wear anything that fits, even if it is a pair of pajama pants that are six sizes too big and have the Guinness logo all over them.

One more thing: for those of you that are curious I'm currently 9 1/2 weeks pregnant and the baby is due on or around May 31, 2009!

2 comments:

-hanna said...

You're going to have a Gemini baby!!

Rural Dee said...

Ugh. I hate that. And I also hate to tell you, but it really doesn't get better as you get more and more pregnant. The maternity clothes you get around month 4 or 5 will no longer fit by the time you're 7 months along, and then by the time you reach that point you will be growing so fast that you will need new clothes like every other week. So the best thing to do is go on Ebay and see if anyone is selling a whole wardrobe of maternity clothes for dirt cheap. And if that doesn't work, get some of those maternity yoga pants. I heard those are pretty stretchy and fit for awhile. And who knows, maybe they'd pass for work pants. Other than that, how are you feeling? Hope the morning sickness is waning for you (unless you were lucky enough not to get it in the first place!).